Job ID: #23938
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
Our client is a globally successful console and PC game company based in Espoo, Finland. This AAA studio is known for creating cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries, pushing the limits of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects.
They are on the lookout for a Senior Character Rigger to join their team paving the way forward on portable, maintainable, and reusable rigs and rig components across 3D digital content creation packages.
· Extensive professional experience in games or VFX with advanced modular rigging
· Strong understanding of the maths underlying rigging
· Able to learn new technology and techniques swiftly
· Solid English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proficiency with OOP and Python
· Understanding of various DCC packages such as: Maya, MotionBuilder and Houdini
· Professional experience with frameworks such as PhysX or Havok
· Strong understanding of human, quadrupedal and bird anatomy and kinematics
· Cooperate with Gameplay Designers and Animators to gather rig requirements
· Create and maintain advanced modular character, creature, vehicle, and prop rig components
· Cooperate with Character Artists to establish optimal mesh topology
· Cooperate with Technical Artists to encompass the rigging framework with new functionality
· Cooperate with Programmers to certify optimum runtime performance across platforms
· Cooperate with Producers to ensure rigs and features are properly scoped and delivered on time
· Mentor junior Rigging Artists
· Certify that documentation pertaining to rigging is up to date and available to internal and external partners
· Professional experience with runtime rigging in games
· Professional experience with software engineering practices such as TDD and CI/CD
· Professional experience generating native DCC plugins using C++
· Exceptional quality of life
· Affordable cost of living
· Relocation support
· Competitive compensation with a bonus system
· 5 weeks of paid vacation every year alongside public holidays and other special occasions
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
Sorry, there are no related jobs at the moment.
Senior Character Artist – Lytham, UK – Claire An outstanding external art studio delivering world-class character and assets to leading…
While 2021 was a difficult year for almost everyone on the planet, many of us found solace in games. With…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom