Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior Character Artist – Sheffield – Permanent – AAA Games
Location: Sheffield, Midlands, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
Are you hungry to expand your skills and experience at a top developer and getting credits on top tier games? Then you need to submit your application now! My client has been creating high quality video games for over a decade. They are one of the UK’s most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 270 staff.
- Ability to work in a variety of styles demonstrated in your portfolio.
- Have good organisational skills and to be able to produce work files that are easily used by others.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy.
- Experience as a Senior Character Artist in video games will be beneficial.
- Ability to supervise and mentor less experienced artists
- Work closely with the Lead Character Artist in the pre-production phase.
- Produce excellent high polygon models in either traditional 3d or sculpting packages as appropriate.
- Transfer high poly models to low in game meshes adhering to specified budgets.
- Understand and be experienced in the baking pipeline to produce high quality in-game assets.
- Create well laid out high quality textures for a PBR pipeline.
- Troubleshoot character art issues from a creative and technical standpoint.
- Collaborate with the concept team by highlighting and providing solutions to any design problems
- Work closely with rigging and animation to ensure your models work well in motion.
- Work with the Lead Character Artist and other disciplines on preproduction tasks.
Categories: Art , Creative