Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior Character Artist – Sweden – Permanent Contract – Console Video Games
Location: Stockholm,UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM’s Global Client is looking for a Senior Character Artist that are responsible for seeking out and understanding the art direction and the overall vision of the game – and to ask if something is missing or is unclear. They are also responsible for understanding and for taking in to account how their tasks fits into the big picture when planning, prioritizing and estimating their work.
- High resolution character sculpting and modeling.
- Low resolution game mesh modeling, including UVs.
- Texture creation, baking and editing (Substance, Photoshop, Mari, XNormal).
- Good understanding of anatomy.
- Experience and understanding of highpoly to lowpoly workflows.
- Skinning/rigging knowledge and understanding.
- Realtime shader knowledge and experience.
- Basic knowledge in photography.
- Experience with 3D scanning workflows.
- Broad artistic qualities with composition, colour theory and lighting.
- An experienced developer that knows everything needed to execute to the goals set by Leads and Directors.
- An active champion for both the creative and technical direction set by the Directors and Principals.
- Great to work with; consistently turns feedback into great results.
- A mentor and coach for junior developers. Likely to lead or take more responsibility than the regular or junior developers working around them.
- Regularly consulted by Directors, Leads and Principals.
- Included in planning and estimation of work to meet expected quality.
WORK TASK EXAMPLES
- Lowpoly + highpoly character modeling and texturing.
- Gather and present reference.
- Working with the concept team to create character concepts.
- Implement assets into the game engine.
- Photo shoots.
- Technical tweaks on shaders, models and textures.
- Working with outsourcing partners.
- Character renders for internal and external use.
Categories: Art , Creative