Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior Character Artist – Console Game – Bordeaux France
Location: Bordeaux, France Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
Based in the great location of Bordeaux, our client a successful games development studio is looking for a Senior Character Artist whose duty will be to create main character models for a brand-new game currently in development.
Key Accountabilities /Responsibilities
- Create exceptional AAA 3D models, shaders and texture maps, to match concept, photo reference, art direction, etc…
- Work with our internal game engine using the pipeline and workflow required for creating characters, as well as participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Display exceptional integrity and understanding of the work; constantly seeking ways to improve the efficiency of the workflow and provide documented feedback to improve in-house tools.
- Communicate with other departments to understand their needs and requirements.
- Extensive professional gaming or cinematic work experience.
- A comprehensive modeling and texturing portfolio showing a varied range of character art to a very high standard.
- Mastery of Character modeling using Zbrush and 3DsMax. Relevant experience with other similar software is considered;
- Extensive knowledge of Substance Painter and Photoshop;
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for video games.
- Ability to produce work in any required style from high realism to stylized.
- A keen understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette in respect of modelling.
- An above-average understanding of working within a game engine and pipeline.
- Traditional drawing is an asset; Understanding PBR techniques (physically based rendering) is an asset;
- Traditional sculpting and art fundamentals experience a plus.
Categories: Art , Creative