This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Projects
OPM’s client is seeking a Senior Character Artist to join their passionate and talented team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director and be responsible for creating and maintaining high quality characters for the project.
- Expertise with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush and Substance
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills with both organics & hard-surface
- Great knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, proportions, mechanics, characterisation & archetypes
- Great knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (gear, weapons & robotics)
- Familiarity with character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices
- Extensive experience working with multiple texturing workflows for current (PBR) and previous generations, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, colour and lighting
- Knowledge of character modelling, rigging and skinning in preparation for animation
- Outstanding communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Work closely with Art and Design Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable characters
- Making sure character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Capability to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Maintain the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Preserve quality level, efficiency and consistency across the character team
- Proven experience?in developing character models and textures in a variety of styles
- 3 shipped titles as a character artist
- Understanding of real-time shaders
- Great traditional art foundations including but not limited to sculpture, conceptual design and illustration including lighting or colour keys
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Understanding of Substance Painter and Designer
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!