This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
Our client is seeking for a talented Senior Character Artist to join their team
The successful candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our clients fast-paced environment.
- A great portfolio demonstrating a good range of styles, subject matter,3D modelling techniques, and general pipelines
- Extensive industry experience in a production environment as a character artist (games, films, or vfx)
- Advanced, in-depth knowledge of industry-standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modelling, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop for texturing.
- Demonstrate expert sculpting knowledge in zbrush
- Excellent texturing skills and good knowledge of PBR texturing workflow.
- Ability to realise characters from concepts and art briefs and communicate it through strong visual language
- Expert, in-depth knowledge of human & creature anatomy
- Cloth simulation and sculpting understanding (Marvellous Designer)
- Outstanding knowledge of topology and UV best practices
- Expert knowledge of hard surface modelling and best practices
- Willingness to learn new tools, and adopt new workflows to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- In-depth knowledge of general 3d pipelines and workflows in-game art production and limitations
- Demonstrated skill and experience mentoring and/or managing other junior 3D artists
- Effective multitasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
- Translate concept requirements of a given asset to 3d with precision
- Established character production workflows such as creating clean deformable topology, efficient UV mapping and baking, texturing, and cloth creation techniques
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, working tightly with technical artists to ensure exceptional execution
- Working closely with leads and art directors in planning and scheduling
- Create high-fidelity in-game characters (both realistic and stylized)
- Troubleshooting and assisting Juniors and mentoring
- Supporting art directors in creating and documenting pipelines and art bibles
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide the highest quality throughout the life cycle of an asset on budget, time, and style.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!