Job ID: #22273
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
The Senior Camera Programmer is responsible for designing and implementing the core camera and control systems with minimal guidance, while providing technical support and mentoring to junior members of staff. This position will report to the Studio Programming Lead.
The position is expected to be proactive in dealing with other disciplines, particularly game design, to resolve problems quickly, elicit clear requirements and translate them into flexible reusable solutions. As well as producing intuitive and pleasing camera systems and character control, the Senior Camera Programmer will have an excellent understanding of best practice and standard techniques within the 3C's and will keep up-to-date on innovations within the industry.
• Deliver high quality camera and control systems using appropriate levels of abstraction.
• Support other teams in the use of the 3C systems and work closely with design to implement their vision.
• Identify and debug technical problems quickly and efficiently.
• Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
• Collaborate on technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult interface problems.
• Mentor junior members of the programming team and communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
• Help educate and support other teams to correctly and efficiently use camera and control systems.
• Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance).
• Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
• Seek support from higher level management when required.
• Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
• Excellent practical understanding of the 3C’s.
• Able to tune camera and control systems based on high level design input with minimal assistance.
• Strong communication skills, comfortable working across teams and mentoring staff.
• Extensive algorithm and data structure skills (including time & space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance).
• Able to understand and utilize multi-threading primitives & high-level networking concepts.
• Capable of reading and quickly understanding complex code.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Able to plan an entire sub-system including external dependencies with minimal input.
• Videogame programming experience on the 3C’s, including having shipped at least one AAA PC/console title.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
Categories: Programming , Technical
We’re delighted to support Safe In Our World and help bring awareness to the effects and signs of stress and…
For anyone who has a love of gaming, being a video game tester could be your dream job. However, being…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom