OPM are recruiting for a Business Analysis Manager to join an International Business Planning Team for sales and marketing departments within a global games developer responsible for many AAA titles based in South-East UK. You will report to the Director of Business Analysis, and work within a team of 5 analysts with one direct report.
- Participation in the physical and digital budget process and monthly rolling forecasts for both physical and digital titles. Contributing towards the creation of standard forecasting models to be used for new release titles, any subsequent potential reforecasts based on product performance and changing title expectations.
- Enter budget and forecasts in to the Hyperion planning system. Development of ‘robust process’ and reporting to ensure all possible data entry errors are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Regular auditing of information reported by the Business Analysis team and supplement this with the creation of new templates, or the redesign of existing templates. Consolidation and standardisation of reporting where appropriate.
- Develop the creation of appropriate working instructions for all core business functions from within the team.
- Build relationships with stakeholders at internal labels, becoming a ‘go to’ point of contact for each. Help support their information requirements.
- Development and growth of potential new areas of analysis in both the digital and physical marketplace and understanding what the team can then share with the business. Supplement this with data currently stored within the data warehouse.
- Presentation of data to the Senior Management Team and advising on strategy moving forward.
- Produce various reports, such as: Sell Through Reports, Weekly Rolling Forecast, Variance analysis versus sales target by product & Dashboard creation.
- Strong business acumen with a commercial mind-set; a sound financial awareness and a track record of producing high quality analysis and meeting deadlines.
- Several years of experience as a Business Analyst, Market Researcher or Product Manager with at least two years at a senior level managing people.
- Fulfilled a similar role in an interactive entertainment or media company and/or have a comprehensive understanding of the physical and digital games market.
- Advanced excel skills plus experience in building reports using report writing tools such as OBI or Business Objects. HFM or similar SAP systems experience is desirable.
- Used to pulling data from systems and be proficient at analysing numbers.
- Experience building reports, creating new dashboards and can fully utilise the data warehouse.
- Analytical/problem solving skills & can draw high-level business conclusions & trends from financial/statistical data.
- Experience working closely with key business stakeholders (sales and marketing) and will be confident preparing and presenting results back to a senior management team, taking feedback and communicating complex analyses in an easy to understand format to sales and finance leads and the executive teams throughout the business.
- Can build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders in the other multiple international studios.
- A strong interest in the international games market.
In exchange for your hard work, the company offers a fun working environment as well as a competitive salary, private healthcare, 25 days’ holiday and other benefits.