OPM’s client, a diverse and quirky game development studio, is currently looking for a Senior Audio Designer who has a proven track record of producing awesome sounds for games and other media!
As a Senior Audio Designer for this studio you will need to be self-motivated, knowledgeable of the craft, and willing to push the boundaries of what is possible. In return, they offer flexible working, inclusivity and a highly collaborative approach to development.
- Record, edit and mix sounds, instruments and voices using a variety of mics, gear and other techniques
- Create sound effects, music, virtual instruments and other hybrid mixtures of sonic goodness
- Contribute to the creative conversation – this is a studio that encourages you to create, innovate and improvise. Your ideas really count, and you will be expected to contribute to the soul of the studios various projects. This includes thinking about how their own audio engine works and how the tools can be improved
- Extensive video games industry experience and have shipped high quality titles
- A proven track record of producing awesome sounds! You should also have a nuanced and detailed understanding of what is required to make a game sound good and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- Plenty of knowledge about sound recording, experience recording all sorts of different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work
- Experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems. Wwise, FMOD, unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but they are looking for high level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of an in-game scripting system. Experience with game logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable
- You should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.