OPMs client is the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are kicking off development on new AAA VR projects, they are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Asset Artist who can aid them in their mission!
As a Senior Asset Artist, you’d create high quality game-ready assets, from props and vehicles to weapons that make our clients games look astonishingly beautiful. You’d also mentor, guide and motivate other artist in the team.
- Console or PC game development experience in an agile team
- Proven track record of at least 2 shipped titles
- Proficient with Unreal Engine (or similar), Maya (or similar), Zbrush, and Substance Painter
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, including the function of form and color, proportions, shape, composition, etc.
- Experienced in creating optimized in-game art assets including hard surface and organic models
- Understanding of modularity of assets used in games including trim sheets and construction sets
- Understanding of modern materials and shaders in a high level of proficiency
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Excellent English communication and writing skills. Being able to articulate your process, giving and receiving critical feedback
- Experienced with source control software (Perforce) and task tracking software (Jira)
- Experienced in 3d mobile and/or VR development
- Proficient with Substance Designer, Houdini
- Ability to create materials (Unreal, HLSL) and scripts (Unreal Blueprint, MEL, Python)
- Create game-ready art assets according to guidelines and technical specifications
- Proactively work with the leads and art director to ensure consistent quality and style
- Closely co-operate with environment artists and level designers to craft detailed assets that meet the needs of the environment and the player experience
- Identify potential performance bottlenecks, address them ahead of time and when they crop up
- Mentor more junior artists in industry best practices and personal growth
- Co-ordinate with leads and production to maintain a clear and consistent view on planning
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance is offered.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!