This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Video Games
This developer has set the world alight with their popular online game enjoyed my millions around the world! They are now working on a new special project where you’ll be bringing life and emotions to the game by interpreting and realising creative goals through high quality animation and lead the charge for the next generation of motion in video games.
This role involves a great understanding of bipedal/quadruped locomotion, and general motion involving animated objects of all kind.
- Extensive experience as an Animator having shipped AAA games on console.
- Tremendous understanding of human and animal anatomy and motion.
- Admirable hand key animation skills focusing on strong posing, timing and sense of weight.
- Excellent knowledge of MotionBuilder and 3DS Max.
- Able to work to deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
- Good technical skills involving character and animation pipelines, and engine integration.
- Knowledge of current animation techniques and development processes.
- Create high quality 3D animations for humans, animals, creatures and other animated objects
- Deliver high quality hand-keyed and mocap enhanced animations for body and face rigs using MotionBuilder and 3DS Max
- Verify in-game animation quality, consistency and iterate according to feedback.
- Research relevant technologies and best practices to support the animation technology and pipelines.
- Play and evaluate games to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the domain.
- Drive the development of rapid prototypes.
- Work with Art, Tech, Design to help define short and long-term objectives and establish effective workflows.
- Collaborate with Technical Animators to design custom rigs and skeletons.
- Establish and enforce artistic and technical standards.
- Manage, organise and maintain consistent, functional, and semantic data types and naming conventions.
- Cooperate with other disciplines to establish effective workflows.
- Mentor and provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
- Research, evaluate, and establish outsourcing partnerships.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines (i.e. Unreal / Unity);
- Experience with motion syntheses and AI
- A strong enthusiasm for gaming and for making games.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to bringing fresh ideas to the team and the game.
- Keen understanding of User Generated Content.
- Highly Competitive Salary.
- Full Relocation Support
Interested in finding out more about the studio, project and benefits of working at this studio? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!