Job ID: #23640
Project: AAA Console Video Games
This developer has set the world alight with their popular online game enjoyed my millions around the world! They are now working on a new special project where you’ll be bringing life and emotions to the game by interpreting and realising creative goals through high quality animation and lead the charge for the next generation of motion in video games. This role involves a deep understanding of not only on bipedal / quadruped locomotion, but also general motion involving animated objects of all kind.
• Shipped AAA published games on console.
• Excellent knowledge of human and animal anatomy and motion.
• Excellent hand key animation skills focusing on strong posing, timing and sense of weight in a variety of animation styles.
• Excellent knowledge of MotionBuilder with strong knowledge of 3DS Max.
• Ability to work to deadlines under pressure and with minimal direct supervision.
• Good technical skills involving character and animation pipelines, including rigging and engine integration.
• Deliver high quality hand-keyed and mocap enhanced animations for body and face rigs using MotionBuilder and 3DS Max
• Verify in-game animation quality, consistency and iterate according to feedback.
• Research relevant technologies and best practices to support the animation technology and pipelines.
• Drive the development of rapid prototypes.
• Work with Art, Tech, Design to help define short and long-term objectives and establish effective workflows.
• Collaborate with Technical Animators to design custom rigs and skeletons.
• Establish and enforce artistic / technical standards.
• Mentor and provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
• Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines (i.e. Unreal / Unity);
• Experience planning and directing motion capture studio sessions.
• A passion for gaming and for making games, playing current titles and keeping abreast of industry trends.
Interested in finding out more about the studio, project and benefits of working at this studio? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom