Job ID: #23604
Project: Multi-Platform Games
OPM is working with a unique independent studio looking to expand its highly experienced team in Manchester. They are developing and bringing world-class games to market focusing on new IP creations. This will be done through co-development opportunities and working on future-facing platforms which means further expansion into different genres of games and technologies.
They are looking for a skilled Senior Animator, to work on multiple high-profile titles using Maya. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of all aspects of game art creation & optimisation and be comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
· A Demo Reel of games animations ideally in a sci-fi setting.
· A strong understanding of the fundamental principles of animation and modern video game animation systems.
· Experience creating animation of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for game mechanics.
· Excellent knowledge of one major 3d package such as Maya or 3DSMax.
· Knowledge of animation set up in Unity or Unreal.
· Strong understanding of game development practice within a studio environment, having worked on at least one shipped title ideally at Senior level.
· Consistently create high-quality, appealing animations that directly contribute to the realisation of successful game characters and interactive cinematic sequences.
· Take ownership of animated work from early pre-visualisation, to final polish.
· Implement animations into the project’s engine with full ownership of your work and liaise where necessary with the technical designer to facilitate this.
· Actively contribute to the continued development of the techniques and practices of the animation team; maintain an understanding of industry and craft best practices.
· Collect, create and study applicable reference material in order to remain informed about animation techniques and to educate other team members in the creative and technical approaches to the development of successful animation.
· Collaborate directly with the Art Director, and multiple departments, to ensure that the work of the animation team is created in the most efficient manner.
· Contribute to the conceptualization of character behaviours and abilities.
· Provide input during the character development process, from concept to modelling to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
· A love for sci-fi and horror themed games.
· Worked on first person games as an animator.
· Basic modelling knowledge in any 3D package.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom