Project: AAA Console Games
OPM are working with an established AAA games studio, looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic Senior Character Animator to join the team working on a major console title.
As a character animator you will work as part of the animation team with a focus on creating and implementing gameplay character move sets. The role will also involve cut scene and narrative based sequences and supporting in world animations.
- A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating recent work showcasing character and creature moves sets, combat animation and other gameplay animation systems.
- Animation production experience on at least one shipped AAA action game.
- Expert key frame animation skills
- Strong understanding of animation and how it applies to gameplay.
- Proficient in Maya.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for the creation and integration of world class combat and character animations.
- Creating inspiring animation for both bipeds and creature character designs.
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimising them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction.
- Work in close collaboration with the art director, lead animator, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capabilities to deliver on AAA quality for your work objectives.
- Communicate and working closely with game designers and programmers to find effective solutions or fix issues and achieve goals in time.
- Quickly prototype and pre-visualise animation systems and ideas that will serve as a basis for animation and gameplay-related discussions.
- Support the requirements for in game cut-scenes and performance animation as required.
- Character rigging and or modelling skills is a plus.
- Prior experience of motion capture pipelines and data management is a bonus
- Holidays – 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary
- Team Project Bonuses
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Dog Friendly Workspace
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!