This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Open World PC / Console Game
OPMs client is seeking a Senior Animation Programmer to join development on production of an online AAA open world title.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing animation systems with limited guidance and offering technical assistance and coaching junior members of the team. You will be proactive in dealing with multiple disciplines to work out problems swiftly, provide clear requirements and translate them into reusable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or comparable experience.
- Professional experience working on gameplay systems, having shipped a minimum of one AAA PC or console game.
- Robust C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Able to tune animation systems based on high-level design input with minimal assistance.
- Ability to understand and to utilise multi-threading primitives and high-level networking concepts.
- Adept at reading and quickly understanding complex code.
- Able to plan an entire sub-system including external dependencies with minimal input.
- Extensive algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance).
- Aspiration to work in a fast-paced start-up company environment.
- Deliver world class quality game animation systems using suitable levels of abstraction.
- Assist other teams in the use of animation systems and cooperate with technical animators and animators to deliver features.
- Identify and debug technical problems swiftly and efficiently.
- Prioritise, plan, and oversee the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Cooperate on technical direction and create innovative solutions for difficult animation difficulties.
- Mentor junior members of the Animation Programming team and communicate clearly with other team members.
- Help teach and support other teams to use animation systems correctly and effectively.
- Use suitable data structures and algorithms to maximise efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance).
- Be aware for and report new problems, delays, and risks to the suitable Lead or Director.
- Pursue assistance from higher level management when required.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!