OPM are working with one of the leading developers of high-end games in Montreal.
Are you an experienced AI Programmer looking for a chance to live and work in the city of Montreal?
The studio prides itself on delivering quality over mass produced quantity – The games you will be working on will be held in high esteem throughout the industry judging on previous backcatalogue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Work with the Game Design and Animation teams to create the technical design and implement a system of AI allowing both to make non-player characters alive and offer a fun and varied gameplay;
- Propose and develop new methods and techniques to improve the quality of AI in agreement with the design of the game to outdo the competition;
- Analyse and estimate time, cost as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Ensure that the ambitions remain consistent with the deadline;
- Master the debugging tools and the techniques used
- Innovate by offering new AI systems in collaboration with the Programming and Game Design teams;
- Work effectively with other member of the Programming team, as well as with members of the development team;
- Train and guide the junior programmers;
- Develop and implement systems, meeting deadlines set by superiors;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of C++;
- Experience developing multi platforms, an asset;
- Ability to manage your time independently;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- The desire to push the barriers of technology in video game industry is required;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- Extensive experience in the industry as a AI programmer;
- Published titles as a AI programmer;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.