This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
The Sr. Artist, helps define and utilize the latest tools in order to build High fidelity 3D assets to the highest standards, according to the visual direction. The role requires collaborating with other disciplines, in order to help push the limits of the engine and create stunning visuals in game that are also within specifications of Art , Design and Technology.
Delivers Stunning Assets
- Builds visually stunning 3D assets that are to spec.
- Builds benchmark assets utilizing pre-made assets for quick prototyping.
- Mentors other artists to maintain quality bar of delivery.
- Together with the Tech Director and Art Director, helps define new tools that would benefit the team.
- Helps push the boundaries of the engine by defining new ways of efficient workflow.
- Organizes his/her schedules and timelines to deliver the world within budget and on time.
- Reports to the Art Director on risks and progress of tasks.
- Helps drive Level Design according to pre-defined Design.
- Able to work to technical constraints as necessary while still maintaining quality.
Strong Technical Understanding
- Drives new graphics technologies with the Graphics programmer and Technical Director.
The role requires a Strong grasp AAA asset building techniques. A solid artistic eye that is sensitive to composition rules and aesthetics in order to set a high quality bar for the world.
- Extensive games industry art / technical art experience.
- Shipped AAA games as a Lead/Senior Level Artist (or its equivalent)
- Solid grasp of popular games and art direction in gaming generally.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in art production methodologies and tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- 3Ds MAX.
- Substance Painter.
- Substance Designer.
- Marvelous Designer.
- 3D coat, Mudbox, or similar sculpting software.
- Quixel Suite.
- Experience in recruiting and growing new teams and projects.
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
- Experience developing with Unity.
- Experience working with PerForce version control software
- Familiar with Quixel Megascans.
- AAA / console game development experience.
- Experience working with outsourcing partners.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- Experience with photogrammetry and associated rapid game art production pipelines / techniques.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
- Interest in open-world games.