Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead Environment Artist – Simulation/Experiences – London
Location: London, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM are working with a new client based in London who are looking for a Lead Environment Artist who will be responsible for modelling 3D environments for their simulation and experiences within industries that include the automotive industry.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has extensive experience as a Lead Environment Artist who wants to continue to work on games tech but within a different industry.
- Generation of accurate track lofts, terrain and urban environments using laser scanned data & photogrammetry.
- Creation of both organic natural terrain as well as hard surface modeling.
- Creation of a variety of real world vistas using tools such as ‘Vue’ and ‘Worldmachine’.
- Modelling car exterior (high detail, 100k+ polys).
- Car interior (high detail, 60k+ polys).
- UV mapping (unwrapping meshes).
- Modelling low-poly LOD versions of high detail meshes.
- Master’s level or equivalent proven expertise
- Extensive industry experience.
- Excellent command of 3D modelling software such as 3D Studio Max (2011-16) and ZBrush.
- A good understanding of modern materials and shaders.
- Proficiency in modelling optimised 3D content, baking details and creating efficient levels of detail as well as strong lighting and composition skills and an understanding of colour theory.
- Understanding of art pipelines, workflows, environment scale, form, and composition.
- High amount of attention to artistic and technical detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Strong team leadership, communication and time management.
- Proactive and positive personality who works well in a creative, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly fit in with a company with a mature and well-defined culture.
- Customer oriented.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the automotive field.
- Excellent English level (written and spoken).
- Skills with textures, animation, skinning and setting up data / runtime files.
- Previous experience in AAA game development as well as experience using scanned data to generate both hard surface and organic 3D content.
- Experience with Photoshop and JIRA.
Categories: Art , Creative