Are you a 3D Generalist with experience, flair and the passion to create the best games possible? Do you want to work with a team of artists, designers and programmers where you lend your skills in contributing to the breadth of a game’s production? Then keep reading, as our client wants you to join their growing studio and journey to create outstanding games on mobile and more platforms in the future!
Based in Auckland’s sunny North Shore area, they are pledged to their long-term plan of becoming a premier games studio in the Southern Hemisphere. They are a growing team of energetic veterans and talented newcomers, working together in an inspired and inspiring independent studio. They have their eyes set on developing memorable worlds and titles, as well as talent to join them on the adventure.
- Create environments, characters, and marketing artwork, as well as VFX and shaders.
- Work alongside designers, artists and coders to implement their vision and create attractive game-ready assets.
- Modelling, texturing/materials, scene setups, lighting, rendering, and VFX.
- Establish and follow workflows and work with engine capabilities to optimize assets accordingly.
- 5 years professional 3D Artist/Technical Artist experience, with at least 1 year within mobile game creation.
- A strong portfolio highlighting your skills across a range of 3D components.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficiency with 3ds Max/Maya.
- Expertise in Unity, with:
- Render queues/tags/stencil buffer.
- Real-time post processing.
- Lighting: Real-time lighting/shadows/GI; baked lighting/GI
- Transparency, including known rendering issues and solutions.
- Unity Shaderlab/CG/GLSL, Node-based shader editors, Shader optimization.
- Be familiar with user-centred game design and its requirements for art assets.
- Familiarity with 3D game art fundamentals and optimization techniques, as well as restrictions that come with mobile platforms.
- Be able to both share what you know and learn from others to grow.
- Dedicated to continual improvement within your discipline.
- Strong grasp on artistic fundamentals: light, composition, value, colour theory, form.
- Great understanding of environment and character design, including creature and human anatomy.
- Comfortability with working in a range of styles, particularly stylized.
- You actively play and enjoy video games.
- Experience with PBR shaders/lighting and deferred rendering
- Demonstrable Unity Particle effect skills
- Ability to animate.
- Experience with other third-party software that can be used to improve quality and workflow.
- Eager to potentially upskill into other areas of game art production.
- Experience with juggling multiple projects.