Our client is currently building a team in London to lead development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG. We are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
They are looking for an experienced Senior 3D Artist to join this growing team, responsible for defining the benchmark quality and production standards and ensuring that these are maintained throughout production. You should demonstrate a strong understanding of visual design principles, lighting and storytelling. They should also be confident working in many areas, creating environments, weapons, armour and props.
- Collaborate with the teams Art, Design and Technical Leads to help define the benchmark standards for delegated areas.
- Collaborate with the Production team and Art Leads to develop the projects environment production schedule.
- Work with Tech Artists and Programming team to help define and implement workflows, pipelines and best practice.
- Be hands-on as a craft expert and responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all designated assets.
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality bars and all assets are present and functioning in the game engine as intended.
- Ensure all assets meet the games art style.
- Maintain the benchmark quality throughout the production cycle and timely delivery of assets.
- Manage and mentoring of junior and experienced artists.
- Extensive experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title in a senior role.
- Strong communication skills as you will be working with key stakeholders to solve problems as well as keeping the production team up to date with progress and any issues that may arise throughout production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard 3D and 2D software, ZBrush, 3DS Max, Maya, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop, etc.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows, asset exporting process and implementation within the game.
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Keen understanding of current and new world building techniques and technologies and a desire to push quality while maintaining technical performance
- Worked with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 middleware.
- Experience working with the UE4 materials editor.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of tailored workflows and pipelines
- Knowledge of working with outsource partners and software such as shotgun.