Job ID: #22826
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our Client is Seeking a dedicated Software Development Engineer in Test to work closely with their QA department, developing test tools and automation solutions to help ensure our products meet and exceed performance expectations. We are looking for a programmer who is interested in test automation, improving processes and software quality, who is most importantly also passionate about games.
Ideally they are looking for someone who already has some SDET experience, building automated test software and creating robust, maintainable systems, so games industry specific experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
Our client is also open to training up a graduate so if you know some C++, are dedicated, willing to learn and can show your hobby programming, then feel free to apply even if you don’t yet have all the skills listed below.
A strong academic background is preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, or equivalent professional experience.
• Develop and improve test automation solutions for the QA department
• Test for engine correctness (e.g. make sure rendering test scenes don’t change from one day to the next)
• Tools programming, maintaining existing tools written in C++ and writing new ones
• Create high quality, flexible, maintainable code
• Analyse, communicate and interpret script results
• Improve continuous integration processes (e.g. improving the use of CruiseControl.net and Jenkins)
• Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
• Good practical C++ knowledge
• Excellent use of continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins
• Strong debugging and problem-solving skills under pressure
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Lua, Python) would be useful
• Any knowledge of C# and tools development or using Perforce, Mantis or JIRA would be an advantage
• Any understanding of games development processes would also be beneficial
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills, able to collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
• Great team-work and the ability to accept and follow direction
• A genuine interest in playing games
Categories: Programming , Technical
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Our best wishes for a great Christmas and prosperous New Year! We will all be checking our emails periodically over…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom