Job ID: #22261
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
The Senior Script Support Programmer is responsible for supporting the day to day work of the script team, helping to review internal work, debugging and fixing possible problems in the systems implemented in either C++ or in scripting language.
They should be able to work with minimal guidance, be able to provide technical support and mentoring to junior members of staff and will report to the Studio Programming Lead. They are also expected to be proactive in dealing with other disciplines to resolve problems quickly and elicit clear requirements to translate them into flexible reusable solutions.
As well as solving challenging new technical problems, a Senior Script Support Programmer will have a good understanding of best practice and standard techniques across a range of gameplay systems and will keep up to date on innovations within the industry.
• Deliver high quality C++ and script code using appropriate levels of abstraction.
• Provide day to day support for the scripting team.
• Identify and debug technical problems quickly and efficiently.
• Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
• Help mentor junior members of the gameplay programming team and communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
• Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate lead/director
• Request support from higher levels when required.
• Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams and mentoring staff.
• Extensive algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance).
• Able to understand and utilise multi-threading primitives.
• Able to understand and utilise high level networking concepts.
• Capable of reading and quickly understanding complex code.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Videogame programming experience on gameplay or scripting systems, including having shipped at least one AAA PC/console title.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
Categories: Programming , Technical
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, Jordan and Nathan are running a Warzone Stream to help raise money for…
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we are running a Rocket League tournament to help raise money for this…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom