This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed on multiple platforms and through continued growth they are looking for a Rendering Programmer to join their team on newest projects.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Artists to help implement visual features designed for their games worlds and evaluating the graphical performance across multiple platforms. A keen eye for detail is required, along with the capability to communicate technical aspects clearly.
- Professional experience with high-level graphics optimisations such as: Culling, LODing, instancing, batching, light baking/probes, occlusion, compression formats, tiled GPUs etc.
- Professional experience with CPU rendering systems, renderer submission, multi-threaded renderers, graphics jobs and optimisation techniques.
- Professional experience with various graphics profiling tools such as: PIX, RenderDoc, GPU Razor, Intel GPA etc
- Professional experience with fundamental graphics techniques such as: Post-processing, Deferred vs Forward+ rendering, compute shaders, asynch compute, cascaded shadow maps, spherical harmonics, etc
- Professional experience with Shader Level optimisations regarding: Bandwidth concerns, occupancy optimisation, texture cache optimisation, texture packing, ALU optimisation, sampling patterns and filtering.
- Fantastic knowledge of the rendering pipeline on modern GPU’s and how the high-level shading languages translates into low level code.
- Professional experience programming with C/C++ or C#
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborating with artists to evaluate their needs and vision to create the required technical implementations.
- Evaluating performance of games both for CPU and GPU bottlenecks using a variety of tools and processes, planning and delivering optimisation to ensure games attain the required framerate.
- Evaluating task/timings to help in schedule production.
- Carrying out assigned tasks within the time planned for them as agreed with your Lead.
- Clearly and accurately communicating progress on, and problems with, your assigned tasks, and the project in general, to your Lead.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience developing games with Unity, Unreal or a custom engine.
- Understanding of developing games for console platforms.
- Interest and passion in non-photorealistic rendering.
- Ability to come up with custom solutions to specific problems.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!