This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPMs client is a UK games developer with a rich portfolio of action adventure games. They keep high production values close to its heart and it shows in all their games. They are seeking an experienced Tools Programmer to join their team in Cambridge.
- Passionate about games, tools, and workflows.
- Good understanding of C++.
- Experience with Unreal Engine blueprint visual scripting.
- Demonstrable understanding of Python, able to write clear, well-structured, and documented code for multiple DCC packages, Unreal Engine, and proprietary tools.
- Good collaboration skill and able to work with a range of disciplines.
- Understanding of Autodesk Motionbuilder, and experience scripting python tools for use in this application.
- Understanding of Autodesk Maya.
- Understanding of production pipelines in visual effects, or games.
- Professional experience in a similar or related programming role.
- Degree(s), qualification(s) or equivalent knowledge, in an appropriate subject.
- You will be responsible for parts of the design, implementation and maintenance of the studio’s cinematics, virtual production, and studio-wide asset management tools and pipelines.
- You will work on and build a set of tools across a wide range of applications, from Unreal Engine 4, Maya, and Houdini, to the occasional infrastructure project, to speed up content creation.
- You will use your understanding and skills to produce quality, robust, and easy to use plug-ins and tools that free them from the dull tasks and facilitates the team to focus on the creative and exciting work.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Great knowledge of C# from a tools perspective.
- Keen interest in cutting edge virtual production technologies.
- Holiday 23 days per annum (rising 1 day a year for each year of service to a maximum of 33 days)
- Subsidised gym/fitness membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!