Project: Adult Gaming
This project contains adult content, and you must be comfortable working in such an environment.
OPMs client is looking for an experienced Unreal Engine Remote Developer to join their team.
The successful candidate will join a team behind a hugely successful Kickstarter project and help them by working on that IP.
- Solid experience employed as a software engineer, Unreal developer, or comparative role. Must provide evidence of at least one successfully shipped RPG title in your portfolio
- Demonstrate knowledge with designing RPG battle systems (either turn-based or real time)
- Extensive understanding with Unreal Engine C++ design principles, including Unreal Engine C++ modules, classes, properties, and objects. Must understand interoperability between C++ and Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- Deep understanding of modern C with experience in multi-threading C design, synchronisation primitives, mutex and semaphores, C++ event handling, event driven design patterns, Object Oriented Programming, and inheritance/interfaces
- Experience with source controls such as Git (including Git LFS) plus Perforce.
- Skilled with analysing game performance and executing optimization
- Technical understanding and development experience with TCP/IP sockets, JSON, REST and WebSocket
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (formulas, pivot tables, data analysis).
- Basic animation skills and understanding of rigging using Blender, Maya, or other similar software
- Work on our clients IP remotely with a small but efficient team of programmers under the supervision of the studio director and project managers
- Communicate with the team via Slack with Daily logins being mandatory
- Meetings are held each week to assign tasks based on game design documents and production schedule.
- Work on the game will be done in both C++ and visual scripting (Blueprints).
- Collaborate with diagnosing problems and implementing solutions along with thorough testing to ensure the success of the project
- Managing our source control by monitoring all push/pull activity and troubleshooting any issues will also be a regular task
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!