This vacancy offers remote working.
Project: UE4 Competitive FPS
OPM are working with an established developer seeking an experienced Systems Programmer to join their team on an exhilarating new multiplayer shooter.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in ?Esports and ?competitive titles, particularly ?first person shooters?, and has experience in systems and third-party integrations.
- A Degree in Computer Science or other applicable experience.
- Good professional experience in the games industry having shipped at least one successful title using UE4 or on consoles.
- Good understanding of the importance of efficient networking in a multiplayer game.
- Strong understanding of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- A keen desire to create multiplayer games.
- Familiar with programming for multiplayer games.
- A strong desire to overcome tough obstacles and to learn new skills.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor junior programmers
- Tackle large challenges and features
- Taking ownership of systems
- Iterate on current features and mechanics.
- Resolve problems met along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Be involved in production schedules
- Shipped a successful multiplayer game.
- Professional experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Professional experience writing game code with tight performance limitations.
- Professional experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine 4.
- Good understanding of game design.
- Can push and contribute to all aspects of a game.
- Strong understanding of 3D maths for games
- Good understanding of unique requirements of a competitive, multiplayer, first person shooter
- Flexible Working
- Private Medical Insurance (including Dental)
- Life Insurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!