This vacancy offers a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Game Studio
OPMs client is seeking an experienced Senior Programmer to join their talented and passionate team working on an exciting unannounced first-person action and adventure game.
The successful candidate will be working together with designers and programmers to create and maintain the believability of their NPC animals and creatures and their behaviour sets.
- Strong C++ and Blueprint skills.
- Strong understanding of AI principles including behaviour trees, blackboards, tasks, etc.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability.
- Terrific communication skills, especially in remote working environments.
- Passionate about the games industry and cutting-edge games development.
- Work alongside game designers and animators to create the player experience as far as interaction with AI agents, including combat interactions.
- Responsible for the look and feel of the animal behaviours, removing bug and immersion-breaking situations.
- Develop prototypes to help build suitable frameworks that can support the design team.
- Suggest improvements if needed, by designing and implementing new systems.
- Collaborate with designers and animators in discussing constraints and establish the technical possibilities of AI behaviours.
- Recommend innovations based on other industry-leading games and techniques.
- Program in C++ in a clear and structured way, considering, maintainability, and performance.
- Validate and verify that the newly developed systems meet project AI requirements.
- Document the work to enable team members of other disciplines to understand how to use the new AI systems and functionality.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience on a shipped game using Unreal Engine 4.
- Professional experience in a AAA or AA studio.
- Experience working on pathfinding or AI behaviours for characters, preferably bipedal and quadrupedal animals, or creatures.
- Experience solving complex AI problems such as navigation, turning, route planning, multiple agent interaction, etc.
- Solid mathematical ability in vectors, matrices, and linear algebra/
- Experience working with complex animation graphs, procedural animation, or foot and spine IK.
- Knowledge and interest in mentoring junior developers.
- Passionate about indie games.
- Hybrid Work from Home / Work from Office setup
- Unlimited fresh-air and wellness breaks
- One hour a week paid exercise and wellness pass
- Free gym membership or gym subsidy
- Private medical and dental healthcare
- Annual salary reviews
- Dog-friendly office
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!