This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Action Games
OPM’s client is an award-winning client is seeking a R&D Programmer who will be an essential part of their specialised team working to help build distinctive features and to identify efficient solutions to difficult technical problems.
The successful candidate will find solutions to problems and work with the appropriate teams to implement the solution to get it shipped.
- Proficient skills with C/C++.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Professional experience with rapid prototyping in search of a technical solution.
- Outstanding communication skills with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to explore a large solution space quickly.
- Authors clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical team members, including directors and production.
- Able to assess whether a solution is appropriate for production.
- Brilliant bug diagnosis and debugging skills.
- Endeavours to deliver work to the highest standard.
- Plays a vital role in taking an idea from early brainstorming to production implementation.
- Takes initiative, finding the quickest path to effective implementation within time and resource restrictions.
- Updates and involves the team with the R&D work and keeping communication fluid to ensure the work stays related and adjusts as the requirements change.
- Champions the work of the R&D team within the studio.
- Raises profile of their work and of the studio in the community by preparing articles and conference talks.
- Performs code reviews to ensure code quality.
- Works with multiple disciplines and personnel involved in the development process as necessary to create the highest possible quality product.
- Develops technical design specifications and can implement them.
- Advanced Computer Science qualifications such as MSc or PhD.
- Professional experience of the full product development cycle.
- Professional experience shipping a feature in a key technical role.
- Experience profiling and optimising performance critical code.
- Portfolio of relevant hobbyist/personal projects.
- Holidays – 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary
- Team Project Bonuses
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Dog Friendly Workspace
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!