OPM is pleased to be working with an established games company based in Cambridge. Under the guidance of the QA Lead/Senior QA Technicians you will conduct functionality and play-testing as appropriate during the development cycle in order to detect and confirm software deficiencies, reliability, ease of use, and any other areas as directed in order to ensure the overall highest quality of the project. Give accurate and concise feedback with relevant improvement suggestions.
- Take part in maintaining efficient and accurate play-tests producing accurate and detailed reports and working to an ethos of continual process improvement. Follow industry and internal best practice guidelines for process of play testing and usability tests. Ensure strong reporting methods, conducting tests to specific requirements, memory reports, and frame rate evaluation.
- Taking an active part – both listening and contributing where able – to team discussions and the overall feedback process contributing suggestions where possible
- Follow directed best practice for test management processes ensuring consistent and accurate testing methodologies and continually ensuring adherence to these both within the QA team and the wider studio.
- Highlight any potential risks found with milestones, production tasks and wider studio output with the QA Lead. Under direction from senior QA members troubleshoot issues as they arise, passing on to senior members when appropriate.
- Effective use of the Bug Database & liaison with the QA team, ensuring communication to and from all teams are on-time, accurate and fit-for-use.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other disciplines gaining a good understanding of each requirements and specific method of working in order to improve understanding between QA and other teams.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Sharp attention to detail, highly analytical with the aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Highly organised, methodical and responsible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Upbeat, proactive and positive work style and attitude
- A genuine interest in game quality and an avid gamer
- Exposure to and passion for a wide range of game genres (including VR).
- Ability to work well and comfortably within a team as well as individually.