OPM are working with an Award Winning Mobile Games development studio in London. They are looking for a QA Project Lead to play a key role as they look to develop and release more chart topping ‘Free to Play’ Games.
As a QA Project Lead you will be dedicated to a project and expected to take responsibility for running the testing within that project. You will need to coordinate your efforts with the development team, working side by side to advise and inform upon risk and to assist them in building a quality product.
You will work with the QA Manager to execute test strategies and to continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness by evolving QA methodologies. Working in an agile environment, the test effort should pair up with the active work for the sprint, but with constant consideration of the wider product. You will build and drive a comprehensive test strategy that covers all systems with testing efficiency in mind.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with internal project kick-offs and requirements/spec gathering – utilising the 3 amigos process wherever practical
- Collaborate with the other QA teams to share knowledge and encourage best practices across projects
- Develop and execute test strategies, plans, cases and procedures – track test coverage and gather valuable performance metrics
- Performance, Compatibility, Compliance, and Network testing
- Embrace and evangelise the ‘Quality Assistance’ approach – which involves consistent, close collaboration with the development team
- Document and facilitate communication and troubleshooting of issues, bugs and changes.
- Coordinate release testing with the aim of informing the team upon the risk/impact, based on test coverage achieved
- Collaborate with Tech leads and Product Owner to manage change close to submissions
- Coordinate with the project stakeholders to prioritise issue fixes via regular bug triages
- Active involvement in Sprint ceremonies; daily scrums, demos, planning, and retrospectives.
- Develop and drive processes to aid bug prevention methods and encourage quality responsibility within the team.
- Collaborate with other QA staff to accomplish QA tasks efficiently, on time with a high level of quality
- Assist in the training of new hires, mentor junior QA team members and share expertise
- Act as subject matter expert for the customer support team.
- Co-ordinate with Customer Support to feed key issues/feedback into sprints
- Actively seek to self-improve; pursue training and development activities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Deep working knowledge of Agile development/testing
- Significant mobile application testing experience (iOS/Android/Amazon) – functional & non-functional
- Deep understanding of a game's development lifecycle, and when / how to begin key testing phases eg. Performance / network /compliance etc.
- Experience working on a project from soft launch through to the post launch period.
- Experience with JIRA – dashboards, filters, agile boards, admin setup
- Ability to work autonomously
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Significant experience working within a games studio (ideally within mobile F2P)
- Understanding and experience of server authoritative games and how this affects their testing
- Calm under pressure with a proactive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- A genuine passion for QA and for working efficiently
- A drive for continuous improvement
- An understanding of the mobile games market and Free to Play / games as a service business model
- A level of technical understanding and familiarity with common QA tools such as Charles Proxy, ADB, Postman, Xcode, SVN, Testfairy, Google Play dashboard, Testflight, Jenkins etc.
- Proven professional experience within games industry QA.
- Must have professional Games QA experience embedded within a games studio