This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA PC/Console Games
OPM’s clients are a global services company that works together with game developers and publishers through outsourced production services with over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms under their belt.
They are seeking passionate and experienced QA Lead to develop and push a comprehensive test strategy that covers testing builds for feedback and quality for some of the best AAA titles worldwide.
- Superb experience in games for functionality and regression QA testing for PC and Console.
- Great experience working on a project from soft to post-launch.
- Systematic approach to development and testing problem-solving.
- Broad understanding of a project cycle and a games’ development process including Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes or at least an understanding.
- Ability to organise and manage functional and regression testing of new code iterations and updating bug status, whilst circulating information.
- Experience in updating and maintaining test cases and assisting in test design for any assigned titles, and tailoring test case design to focus on any areas of high risk identified.
- Knowledge of risk management in the context of the QA process and data-driven systems to facilitate decision making, and assessment of content against alpha/beta entry/exit criteria.
- Ability to analyse difficult and sensitive problems and propose and implement solutions.
- Ability to pinpoint gaps in testing and strategise around this.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, Jira, agile tools, and project tools.
- Experience working within Microsoft suite.
- AAA / mobile games exposure with experience of reviewing & signing off content for release/submission.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for client stakeholders, taking the lead on projects, managing cross-disciplinary teams.
- Responsible for test case creation and execution, bug vetting, and the overall quality.
- Collaboration with the other QA teams, sharing knowledge to promote best practices.
- Managing and participating in daily team briefings and coordinate with the project stakeholders to prioritise issue fixes via regular bug triage's whilst continually revisiting deadlines and ongoing schedules to ensure expectations are met.
- Managing time and resources to meet project deadlines and requirements and be responsible for managing various bug-tracking databases and bug reports from testers to ensure standards are being met.
- Develop and update comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases, verifying that checklists are understood and diligently followed by the testers.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Highly attractive salary
- Annual pay reviews
- Generous holiday
- Dedicated employee wellbeing program.
- Offering home-based work at the moment but as soon as the studio reopens, candidates will work from the studio.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!