This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is an international games company with studios in multiple locations. With a well known and loved IP, they continue to push the boundaries of online gaming.
They are looking for a world-class Production Director to lead production efforts across this IP.
Reporting into the Executive Producer, the ideal candidate will have a background running production efforts on large, multi-disciplined teams, experience over-seeing the development of live games, and a passion for the MMO genre.
- As head of the Production team, take ultimate responsibility for the on-time delivery of high-quality features the game.
- Transform product strategy defined by the games Executive Producer and Strategy Team into execution.
- Lead the production function in driving project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, prioritization, task tracking, and problem solving to achieve results.
- Run the Product Backlog for the studios title, driving a clear prioritization process for all product features.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to scope, plan, and deliver game features.
- Co-ordinate with other departments (e.g. Security, Payments & Purchases) on the delivery of cross-team product features.
- Own the studios' production methodology, ensuring consistency, efficiency and the timely delivery of quality features.
- Manage day-to-day development issues, effectively managing risk, and troubleshooting development challenges as they arise.
- Maintain a transparent reporting process, providing project and company leadership with a clear overview of development progress and risk.
- Coach and mentor the production team, with the goal of building a world-class production function.
- Proven, Professional experience directing video game projects in a production capacity.
- Experience running live game projects, requiring high frequency feature and content updates.
- Demonstrable experience of formal project management methodologies, and a solid understanding of how best to tailor methodologies to specific circumstances.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining complex project schedules for large teams across all disciplines.
- Solid understanding of AAA game production process and methodology.
- Hands-on experience managing large outsourcing engagements across multiple vendors.
- Comfortable with JIRA or another similar project tracker.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – comfortable with ambiguity but driven to create structure and order.
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions.
- Knowledge of localization, QA, submission, and build processes.
- Proven ability to coach employees at all levels of an organization.
What the can offer you:
- The inspiring challenge of working on pioneering ambitious projects with great coworkers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- An active fun division that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- On-site fitness facility and showers
- Annual sports grant
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- On-site doctor, free of charge as well as other on-site services at a discounted price such as hairdresser, massage therapist and beauty technician
- Relocation package