This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA PC/Console
OPM are proud to be working with a globally recognised games developer based in Paris. The company are responsible for some of the most successful and well-known IPs in the Games Industry.
Currently looking for a Production Director to join their production studio working on top AAA titles.
The successful candidate will implement best processes, methods, and tools to deliver a major game project, ensuring the advancement of the work and attainment of production objectives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional experience in a Production role having shipped at least two AA or AAA titles.
- Strong understanding of the games industry, gaming culture.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Strong analytic mind with problem solving skills.
- Able to give consistent directions on various disciplines such as art, game design, business etc.
- Good leadership & diplomacy skills.
- Define the game development strategy, key deliverables, and risks by providing information on the impacts in terms of scope, resource planning or future changes.
- Participate in the development of the organisational structure of the project.
- Establish and implement a clear decision-making framework, communicate the framework to teams and ensure that members follow the structure during the production process.
- Foster communication between team members.
- Coordinate, delegate and organise the work for teams.
- Help meet and follow up on budgets.
- Outline best production management practices and share them across the studio.
- Carry out deliverable follow ups with production directors and managers and keep the Producers and Senior Producers informed on the advancement of the work.
- Advise plans of action to handle delays that impact the content, schedule, or quality.
- Ensure to obtain the expected level of quality for the game by implementing best processes, methods, and tools.
- Help select technologies with the Producer, Senior Producer, Technical and IT teams.
- Help define HR demands and set out the resources plan for approval by executives.
- Participate in the development and follow up of the hiring and assignment plan and selection of team members in collaboration with Associate Producers and/or Project coordinators.
- Ensure team mobilisation by regularly gauging team spirit and implementing means to create a work environmental that fosters productivity.
- Coach direct contributors and provide feedback on their performance on a regular basis to help them to evolve in their role.
- Carry out the performance assessments for direct contributors and take part in the process by validating the coherence and equity for the team.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- French communication skills.
- Professional experience shipping a game with post-launch and online content.