Project: AAA Console Game
OPM’s client, is seeking an experienced Production Director to work on some of their AAA Titles
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world.
- Contribution as an associate producer or as a producer to shipping at least two AA or AAA games
- A strong understanding of the video game industry and a solid video game culture
- English is required, French is a nice to have
- Shipping a game with post-launch / online content would be nice to have as well.
- The following qualities would also improve your ability to perform in a producer function:
- A strong analytic mind with problem solving skills
- The ability to give consistent directions on various fields (art, game design, organization, business …)
- Leadership & diplomacy
- Define the game development strategy and key deliverables (production and non-production);
- Participate in the development of the organizational structure of the project to put team talents to optimal use
- Establish and apply a clear decision-making framework, communicate the framework to teams and ensure that members follow the structure during the production process
- Optimize and enhance work methods to coordinate teams and working units simply and clearly
- Implement means to foster communication between team members
- Coordinate, delegate and organize the work to be carried out
- Help meet and follow up on budgets
- Define best production management practices and share them within the studio.
- Define project deliverables and risks by providing information on the impacts in terms of scope, resource planning or future changes
- Carry out deliverable follow ups with production directors and managers and keep the Producer/Senior Producer informed on the advancement of the work
- Recommend plans of action to handle delays that impact the content, schedule, or quality
- Ensure to obtain the expected level of quality for the game by implementing best processes, methods, and tools
- Help select technologies with the Producer/Senior Producer and technical and IT teams
- Help define HR needs and set out the resources plan for approval by executives
- Participate in the development and follow up of the hiring/assignment plan and selection of team members in collaboration with Associate Producers and/or Project coordinators
- Ensure team mobilization by regularly gauging team spirit and implementing means to create a work environmental that fosters productivity
- Coach direct contributors and provide feedback on their performance on a regular basis to help them to evolve in their role
- Carry out the performance assessments for direct contributors and take part in the process by validating the coherence and equity for the team he/she oversees
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 420!