This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
As part of the Product Marketing Group, embedded within game development teams, working in close collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, the Product Marketing Manager will manage, launch, promote and sustain a portfolio of mobile games throughout their entire lifespan.
This position is located in our client’s production studio in Barcelona. You will also work and coordinate with international teams, including but not limited to User Acquisition, local marketing & PR managers, web development studios, video production studios, artists, community managers and customer care managers.
- Identifying the game’s target audience, positioning, values, and selling points
- Creating brand identity: title, packaging, and storytelling around a game’s plot and characters
- Conducting market research, benchmarks, polls and consumer studies
- Following the game development stages and making recommendations to improve user experience, involvement, socialization and retention
- Coordinating game approval with copyright owners (Universal, Sony Pictures, Ubisoft, Marvel, etc.)
Planning global launches
- Defining the marketing strategy to create brand awareness and generate traffic and installations, including but not limited to user acquisition, press relations, promotion and partnership programs, social marketing actions, sales support docs for app store visibility, etc.
- Coordinating implementation with local marketing & PR teams, key account managers, the game monetization & user acquisition manager, and other partners
- Creating promotional tools for games, including videos, web assets, screenshots, store descriptions and visuals, PR tools and all other assets required for special marketing initiatives
- Analysing marketing campaign results and reporting them to the teams, top managers, and licensors for each game
- Creation of user acquisition assets in collaboration with local business teams
Monitoring game evolution
- Gauging and analysing feedback, behavior and market acceptance from game users, then sharing the results & recommendations with the production teams and top managers of each game
- Optimization of the app stores pages performance and visibility
- Collaboration with the user acquisition teams to optimize the advertising campaigns and create new assets
- Coordinating community management and customer care activities/messaging, as well as defining specific game customer care policies when needed
- Prioritizing bugs fixes and user experience improvements, following up on the game update schedule with the production team and monetization manager
- Managing a marketing calendar based on game updates and promotions, and overseeing related announcements, merchandising, and community management
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing
- Extensive experience in marketing in the Video Game or entertainment industry ideally in a similar function
- Knowledge and passion for video games, from hardcore gamer titles to casual social games, and entertainment in general
- Strong analytical skills and thoroughness
- A creative spirit allowing you to develop innovative, result-oriented marketing programs
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work with a wide range of profiles (business, game design, analysts, etc.)
- Ability to travel