Our client is working on several exciting live titles for brilliant clients and they’re looking to grow their team of Product Managers to support these projects.
They’re seeking a highly driven and capable Product Manager to contribute to the creation and continual optimization of successful free-to-play games. The ideal candidate understands that creating great gaming experiences that engage players and monetise well requires a combination of great game design and the effective utilisation of quantitative data. They will want to be involved in both sides of this process but will have a strong focus on the latter and will work towards achieving specific business goals.
As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to participate in the development of games from concepting and pitching through to the management of live products, using your quantitative skills and understanding of game economies to shape the experience and behaviour of players.
- Good experience working on mobile free-to-play games as a product manager, data analyst, economy designer, or in a similar quantitative role.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with Production, Art, Code, and Design.
- Involvement in the design and/or optimisation of monetisation models and in-game economies.
- Experience of using game data to shape the player experience.
- Experience of designing A/B tests, interpreting results, and communicating your findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience of working on a product during soft launch.
- Comfortable using Excel for modelling game economies.
- Experience with Python or a similar scripting language.
- Experience of designing telemetry and dashboards to record and display player behaviour.
- A working knowledge of SQL.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use insights gained from game data and analyses of competitors to answer questions about the product and provide recommendations.
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills – in particular being highly capable at presenting data to support your recommendations.
- A proven ability to work with different disciplines to deliver features that provide high quality experiences for players
- Self-management skills and the ability to prioritize your own work.
- Strong time management skills – the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- An awareness of market trends in mobile gaming.
Duties and Tasks
- Using game data, your understanding of player behaviours, and market knowledge to identify areas for growth and optimisation in a product.
- Working with our clients’ teams (e.g., in advertising, analytics, UA, etc.) to help deliver product goals, and communicating the health of product where necessary.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to ensure that features are closely aligned with the business goals of the product.
- Working with producers and project leads on the prioritisation of features and contributing to product roadmaps.
- Partnering with game designers on the design and optimisation of the game economy.
- Designing telemetry and dashboards that enable you and the rest of development team to make decisions that are supported by data.
- Owning the in-game experiment process: including designing, scheduling, and setting up A/B tests, analysing and disseminating results, and actioning conclusions.