My client is a UK development powerhouse that keeps high production values close to its heart. Only the best will do and this is obvious in all their game releases! To maintain this quality, they are now in a position to hire an organised, enthusiastic and pro-active Producer to join the team.
The Producer will focus on establishing, standardising and implementing procedures to organise the project or discipline area allocated to allow for high quality and innovative work. Identify and implement procedures to strengthen, streamline and ensure integration of team communication and work-flow processes. Actively seek solutions to accommodate change within team as needed, understand and minimise impact of change particularly with respect to other disciplines. Take a lead in communicating the vision of the game, maintaining quality and encouraging a culture of innovation within the team.
Key duties will include;
- Ensuring the team is properly supported with a suitable schedule. Balancing task priority with resource availability in order to consistently deliver the team deliverables on time, to budget and to quality.
- Actively managing key dependencies to/from the team and unblocking deadlocks between different disciplines, working with the appropriate lead to find alternative resources or help determine the impact to the schedule.
- Maintaining a suitable sign-off tracker for the team deliverables, identifying and managing risk areas and providing an analysis of progress to senior management.
- Ensuring the team deliverables are fully supported by adequate release notes for each milestone where required.
- Providing a written weekly report of progress and ensuring the team is fully apprised of relevant information through effective communication.
- Conducting regular catch-up meetings with key team members and the Production Director.
- Promoting and supporting implementation of best practice development process for the team, troubleshooting and resolving any workflow related situations/problems.
- Ensuring overall decisions, scheduling and direction of the project or discipline area allocated remains in-line with the long-term vision of the studio.
- Establishing and maintaining own personal development as a manager; ensuring management skills are up-to-date and effective.
- Strong understanding of requirements of Producer role demonstrated by at least two years in a similar role and having worked on at least 1 completed AAA project.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with all personnel, gaining both authority and credibility
- Strong organisational and project management skills including scheduling, budgeting and keeping projects on track with a demonstrable understanding of how to manage across disciplines with differing aims and set deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive in seeking out answers and preventing issues combined with the ability to take direction and work in a team
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, flexible and adaptable, ability to find solutions that will facilitate creative improvements with minimal impact on resource and time restraints.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment yet maintaining a strong attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Project Management Software (eg Hansoft, JIRA, MS Project), Excel and Word skills
- Strong understanding of software lifecycle and release management methodologies
- Should also be punctual, articulate, meticulous and numerate
- Finally, to work as a positive, collaborative, passionate, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of team work is paramount
Catherine Cope| Production and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Unit 5 Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, UK, CO3 8AB Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm