OPM are working with this exciting developer as they look to expand and bring their audience new, and engaging titles like those they are known for.
Are you a Producer or Senior Producer with outstanding talent for development methodologies and a passion for working with creative and technical teams? Are you a problem solver, motivator and detail-oriented team player? This is a permanent role, based at their Cornwall office. They offer stability and excellent long-term prospects working in a beautiful part of the UK.
This role will work with their teams to develop and deliver world-class game experiences for players. Working with the departmental leads, you will take ownership for one of the game projects to oversee production from early development through to delivery and post-release content with a focus for on-time delivery within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work to maintain communication between various disciplines and with partner studios within their organisation.
- You will schedule sprints and workload for the team each sprint, including risk assessment and management
- Working with Department leads and Executive Producer to plan sprint capacity and estimates
- Communicating with the Executive Producer regarding sprint scope
- Communicating constraints on demand vs. availability on time/scope
- Provide oversight on build once candidate for release work is underway – identifying go/no go issues
- Work with Senior Management to identify potential additional staffing requirements
- Tracking work that goes overestimate, reassessing scope as sprints proceed
- Function as a key interdisciplinary point of contact for communication.
- Work to run, manage and track development Project Management.
- Attend/conduct stand ups.
- Support team members to clear blockers and facilitate best performance from developers.
- Work with Production colleagues to Manage team backlogs and do what’s necessary to deliver high-quality projects in a timely manner.
- Use research and competitive analysis to inform and improve pipeline and process.
- Comfortable in the use of JIRA and other tracking tools as appropriate.
- You’ll organize and manage development tracking and report project progress to a wide range of audiences
- You will communicate progress of project, known issues, expected points of risk and failure
- You will be familiar with Subcontractor interaction forecast planning and tracking.
- A strong motivator with a positive, can-do mindset
- Shipped a minimum of 1 title as a Producer on PC or Console
- Strong experience with software development practices.
- Comfortable working with diverse personalities.
- Great track record of managing successful teams
- Outstanding understanding of version control, ideally Perforce
- Expert knowledge of JIRA or similar
- Excellent understanding of MS Office Suite, specifically word and Excel.
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivating.
- Organised, calm and an ability to exercise good judgement.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Production experience on single player titles Understanding of Unreal Engine