Our client creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. They’re a company of around 70 internationally-acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team.
Their innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry’s leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
Working as part of a wider Production team you will have responsibility for project output with respect to quality, delivery schedules, and client satisfaction. The role will require day-to-day management of animation teams and processes, maintain clear communication with a team of Producers and Lead Animators, build on strong client relationships with frequent and detailed communication of progress and potential issues.
- Ensure production schedules, tasks, and project progress are tracked accurately.
- Work with the team to estimate scope of project work.
- Constant pursuit of objectives and deliverables.
- Manage the flow of assets and information between internal teams and clients.
- Identify and resolve production issues.
- Ensure meetings are properly documented and actioned.
- Document software bugs and problems clearly for the R&D team.
- Assign and track tasks using in-house project tracking tools.
- Assist production teams in identifying and resolving issues preventing progress.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product
- Follow the studios project development standards and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Proven industry experience in a production role on at least 2 projects (games, TV, VFX), it is crucial that you demonstrate detailed involvement with character animation teams and processes.
- Able to organise and track large amounts of information.
- Effective and self-motivated communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya and the character animation process.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for making and playing all types of video games.
- Have strong time management skills with the ability to focus and prioritise in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be a collaborative and dynamic team-player.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Flexibility and strong initiative, together with excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, manage and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral forms.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Perforce, Shotgun, and project/bug tracking applications is desirable.
- Excel scripting, hands-on character animation / motion capture editing skills and experience are desirable but not essential.