This Dundee based Studio has been creating fantastic games for their Clients for more than 12 years. They partner with some incredible companies from across the globe to produce titles spanning every genre in mobile development. This means that their team of developers have the opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio of Clients who trust them to create amazing experiences for some of the biggest brands in the entertainment industry.
The role of a Producer at this company is varied and exciting. You have complete autonomy and responsibility for leading your team, building positive and constructive relationships with your Client, and efficiently delivering your project to quality. Additionally, they’re always looking for ways to improve how they do things so, you will have the opportunity to work not only within the wider Production team, but with co-workers at all levels across the studio to engage with, and at times drive, continual improvement initiatives.
As a Producer you are expected to:
Own the overall Project Management function for your game;
- Hold the overall plan for the game, ensure your team are bought in to the project goals and understand the aims,
- Collaborate with your Client and your team to maintain the backlog,
- Facilitate sprint planning, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives,
- Carefully monitor your projects progress, changes, risks and issues, demonstrating excellent problem solving or escalating as appropriate,
- Work with the wider Production team to ensure efficient use of resources across multiple projects within the studio,
- Produce accurate, well written reports and documentation – using data where appropriate – as required by the Head of Production and/or your Client.
Focus on creating a positive working experience for your team by ensuring that you;
- Build strong relationships with the developers assigned to your project,
- Foster a culture of respect and accountability within your team,
- Ensure requirements/deliverables are well understood and documented via Confluence, sprint plans, acceptance criteria etc.
- Proactively identify impediments to your teams success and collaborate with the appropriate people in order to resolve or escalate them as necessary.
Manage the day-to-day relationship with your Client;
- Deeply engage with your Client and their business in order to understand not only the specific project you’re delivering for them, but the wider aims of their business with a view to always adding value,
- Be the primary point of contact for your Client, ensuring that where possible your team are empowered to create direct relationships, whilst also making sure that the overall direction and project-level communication is driven by you,
- Ensure that the project requirements are well understood and documented, and that there is a consistent and robust process in place for capturing change requests and prioritising them accordingly,
- Establish and maintain a suitable cadence and format for communications between your Client and your team, striving to maintain efficiency and transparency at all times.
- Previous Games Production experience is necessary – and experience of at least 1 full development cycle (concept to live ops) is a must,
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary development teams,
- Experience of successfully managing Clients/3rd party relationships over a period of time (min 6 months),
- Experience of using task/bug tracking software e.g. Jira,
- Experience of using Wiki/Confluence or similar.
Get in touch for further information on this great opportunity.