The role of Producer should be a leader as well as a team player, self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues. The Producer will coordinate, track, and guide activities of a development staff to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment a must; experience building and maintaining schedules are necessary.
The first project for this Producer will be managing project for a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in 4Q18.
- Work with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer and discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete projects
- Use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality
- Enforce the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game/project
- Oversee, coordinate, track and manage the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time
- Assist Leads in solving higher level complex project management issues
- Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term
- Provide motivation, direction, and improve best practices
- Provide progress updates to studio leadership and works well under deadlines.
- Coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, first party console resources, as needed, and other duties as assigned
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Considerable professional game development experience in an internal development Production role
- Producer or associate producer on at least 2 shipped multi-platform titles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work/hands-on experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to balance project demands with high quality and creative essentials
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering and art
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, the company’s values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
01Get in touch for more information on this fantastic opportunity.