OPM is excited to be working with this award-winning PC and Console games studio that have developed a track record of working on successful franchises. They are now looking to add to their team with a Producer. They are looking to fill this role as part of their growth for upcoming projects. Based in Falmouth in glorious Cornwall, they are an independent studio focused on making engaging games for a global audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to maintain communication between various disciplines and with clients and partner organisations.
- Scheduling sprints & workload for the team each sprint, including risk assessment and management
- Working with Dept leads to plan sprint capacity and estimates
- Communicating with publisher regarding sprint scope
- Communicating constraints on demand vs. availability on time/scope
- Provide oversight on build once candidate for release work is underway – identifying go/no go issues
- Work with Senior Management to identify potential additional staffing requirements
- Tracking work that goes over estimate, reassessing scope as sprints proceed
- Function as a key interdisciplinary point of contact for communication.
- Work to run, manage and track development Project Management.
- Attend/conduct stand ups.
- Support team members to clear blockers and facilitate best performance from developers.
- Work with Production colleagues to Manage team backlogs and do what’s necessary to deliver high-quality projects in a timely manner.
- Use research and competitive analysis to inform and improve pipeline and process.
- Use JIRA and other tracking tools as appropriate.
- Organize and manage development tracking and report project progress to a wide range of audiences
- Participating in staff performance reviews
- Communicate progress of project, known issues, expected points of risk and failure
- Subcontractor interaction, forecast planning and tracking.
- Shipped a minimum of 1 title as a Producer
- Strong experience with Agile software development practices.
- Able to work with diverse personalities.
- Track record of working with client publishers
- Outstanding understanding of version control, ideally Perforce
- Expert knowledge of JIRA
- Excellent understanding of MS Office Suite, specifically word and Excel.
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivating.
- Organised, calm and an ability to exercise good judgement.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Experience of managing Social Media, forums and communities within a gaming environment.
Understanding of Unreal Engine.