This studio is one of the UK’s most prolific and successful independent game developers, with a stable track record over the years. Since their inception in 2003, they’ve had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for high profile partners and are continuing to add to their portfolio line-up with well-known IPs. They have several exciting Production opportunities across several projects at both their studios in the UK.
- Key leader/contributor to the development team
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Manage the project budget – identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections.
- Managing change – ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
- Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly
- Manage communication of project progress to the Development Director internal senior management team.
- Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed.
- Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product.
- Follow the project development standards and guidelines
- Shipped at least 2 console games in a production management role.
- Highly responsible, self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to a creative environment.
- Outstanding organization, communication and exceptional management skills/leadership
- Superior attention to detail
- Exceptional project management practices and software including MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Work well/respond to pressure
- Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
- Take direction and criticism
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Coach and mentor junior members of staff
- Self motivated
To be considered, call Catherine on +44 (0) 1206 214416 or apply now!!