This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are driven by their desire to provide their players with memorable and entertaining gameplay experiences.
The successful candidate will play a role in listing and tracking Design project’s needs, creating efficient methods and tools and become the main point of contact for game and level designers.
- Work under the guidance of the Art Director/Lead to set the art style and visual standard for the team through the creation of VFX assets and creation pipelines, across multiple titles
- Produce pre-visualisation concepts to establish the visual effects direction
- Work closely with level design and gameplay teams to create visual effects that support gameplay requirements
- Research and evaluate current and emerging visual effect trends and technology and collect reference materials that support the visual quality and style for the VFX team
- Design clear and accurate technical documentation regarding VFX production and implementation procedures
- Work closely with the Graphical Rendering team/Technical Art team to develop new/improve upon current technologies to improve visual effect quality
- Manage all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from concept to final polished result
- Extensive experience in Real Time VFX for Video Games as a Lead or Senior VFX artist with a minimum of 2 shipped AAA titles
- Demo reel showing VFX work required
- Great knowledge of real-time VFX authoring tools
- Familiarity with 3D packages for creating 3D assets
- Strong understanding of Photoshop and After Effects
- Great and demonstrable understanding of the Principles of Real Time VFX
- Understanding of VFX impact on console performance
- Able to work with various styles of art on multiple projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills for technically challenging tasks
- Background with UE4 (Cascade and Niagara), Unity (Shuriken), PopcornFX and other game engines for creating real time VFX
- Familiarity with fluid dynamics simulation software, such as Houdini and FumeFX, for fire, smoke, fluid and soft/rigid body dynamics
- Annual bonus
- 27 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!