Project: UE4 / Unreal Engine Mobile Game
OPM’s client is a highly successful independent developer with over 20 years in the industry. They are seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a large scope of influence on the product to ensure that the technical team produces high-quality game features.
- Extensive programming experience in game development with at least one shipped game
- Worked on multiple games and experienced in different areas of game development such as:
– Gameplay code, AI, and animation, etc.
– Online services, backend
– Build pipeline and automation
- Brilliant C/C++ programming skills with utilisation of solid software engineering practices
- Expertise working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in mentoring and hiring
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges
- Knowledgeable about and willing to pitch and present relevant topics
- Strong English language skills
- Support the Technical Director by guiding other engineers and maintaining best practices, development processes, and quality standards
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable solutions
- Spot potential problems and recognise opportunities to improve games or general workflows and seek to make these changes
- To guide the teams on technical solutions and be on top of the latest technologies and development in the industry that enables you to improve the game and their work
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Mentoring and taking part in the hiring
- Relocation bonus
- Occupational pension scheme
- Job ticket for public transportation system
- Flexible working hours
- In-house massages & gym membership
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!