Our client is famous for their outstanding, team-based multiplayer games that inspire friendship, competition, and teamwork.
They are looking for a Principal Cinematic Artist lead the creation of cinematic sequences across the entire creative process – from storyboard to implementation.
The successful candidate will work with a team of artists and animators to help create cutscenes and scripted sequences.
- Previous game or film experience working on sequences and cut scenes.
- Previous experience of working with performance capture data and applying it to cinematic sequences.
- Cinematography experience, focusing on scene composition, pacing, and editing.
- A strong knowledge of storytelling, filmic language, and cinematography techniques.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to visual direction.
- Working knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya, or another equivalent 3D program.
- Comfortable working with in-engine cinematic tools (Unreal Engine’s Sequencer)
- Minimum of 3 published games with at least one AAA title in said role or equivalent
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech.
- Create high quality animations for characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics.
- You understand how gameplay and cinematic content interact with each other (transition in and out).
- Previous work with external partners and vendors
- Outstanding understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium.
- Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles and up to date with the latest cinematic techniques and innovations.
- Help establish and drive the pipelines, processes, and methods necessary to take a cinematic from script through to final pixel.
- Maintaining consistent quality, style, and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project.
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- VISA assistance and Relocation support (if required).
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family.
- Get mental health support from trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline.
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
- Enhanced company pension contributions.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!