Project: AAA Action & Adventure Games
This studio regularly sets the quality benchmark in console gaming. To maintain this standard, they are looking for a Principal Character Artist capable of creating the most believable human characters for Games / Film or both.
- 3D Character Art portfolio showcasing your best character art preferably from games
- You have expert-level understanding of game character creation from production, from modeling, to surfacing, to rendering and articulation
- You have the confidence and ambition to beat the best of what’s out there.
- You understand surfacing and lighting, both from an artistic and technical POV, and know how to create truly believable materials
- You have an appreciation of rigging and articulation, and can build characters for perfect deformation
- You’re a master of anatomy, in terms of both form and motion
- You’re a world class sculptor, who can work in any style – real or expressive, hard-surface or organic.
- You’re not intimidated by the technical side of games production. You know real-time computer graphics inside and out, and keep yourself at the cutting edge. You understand how to get the best from the hardware without compromising performance or stability
- You have experience working with freelancers and subcontractors.
- You have a solid understanding of game design principles and an appreciation of how character art decisions can affect both playability and design production.
- You will set high quality standards for your team and the studio as a whole, and ensure that those standards are maintained by setting processes and convention, then supervising and tutoring
- You will supervise and inspire your colleagues to greater heights by actively mentoring and training the character artists on your team, both creatively and technically
- You will review assets to make sure they meet the quality standards you’ve defined
- You will work closely with the Art Directors and Lead Artists to ensure high quality output that is stylistically consistent