Job ID: #23222
Projects: VR Video Games
Our client recently started pre-production on a unique and ambitious AAA VR title. Realistic combat action and creatures are at the core of this project, and they see it as an opportunity to raise the animation quality in the studio.
As a seasoned Games Animator you have expert knowledge of human and creature animation within a game engine (UE4 preferred). You excel at creating and implementing state of the art mo-cap and hand-keyed animations, blend shapes, setting up blend trees and tweaking them to perfection.
As someone who leads by example, you’ll naturally teach and mentor those around you, and work closely with other departments: 3d modelers, tech artists, game designers and programmers. You champion animation and leverage it to help raise the overall visual quality of the project.
· Boost the studios animation abilities by pushing the boundaries
· Create benchmark quality creature, character and asset animations using Maya
· Work with game designers and programmers to setup animations in the game engine
· Set the animation style
· Help improve and maintain the workflow and pipeline
· Mentor less experienced animators to improve their artistic and technical output
· Demo Reel of your best in-game animations
· You’ve shipped at least one AAA title in a similar role
· Excellent eye for core animation principles (timing, weight etc.)
· Knowledge of both hand keyed and motion captured animation
· Acquainted with different animation styles (realistic and cartoon-y)
· Advanced knowledge of animation within a game engine (UE4 preferred)
· Advanced rigging & skinning knowledge
· Experience with automated rigging tools (ART) in Maya
· Affinity and experience with VR games
BENEFITS & PERKS INCLUDE:
· Flexible working hours
· 26 days holiday with an option to buy more!
· 30% Income tax ruling for eligible expats
· Free pension plan
· Group activities
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!
Salary and benefits will be discussed at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
Categories: Animation , Creative
In 1977, the first video game art came from the Atari 2600 (which required a large heaped spoonful of imagination)….
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, and the chances of a no-deal exit ever-increasing, it’s…
Copyright © 2019 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom