Job ID: #24067
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPM is proud to be working with one of Europe’s leading game development companies who are on the hunt for a Principal Animator to join development and push the quality of dramatic storytelling in their open world titles.
The successful candidate will bring to life their player characters and NPC’s with great keyframe skills. You will collaborate closely with game designers and programmers to create animation networks that push their animations to the world-class level as part of the Character Animation team.
· Strong professional experience working as an animator on stylised bipeds.
· Demonstratable skills with realistic keyframed animations on human stylised characters.
· Comfortable with body mechanics, with an understanding of weight distribution and timing.
· Solid knowledge of traditional animation principles and how to integrate them to boost appeal and gameplay.
· Ability to cooperate with the Animation Supervisor to ensure that the animations meets expectations of quality, consistency, and style.
· Good knowledge and experience with setting up animation networks and blend trees.
· Good understanding of additive, partial and layered animation systems.
· Great communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a keenness to assist the team, leads and production where necessary.
· Growth minded and driven towards teaching and enabling other animators.
· Knowledge of current animation techniques using Maya, and ideally MotionBuilder.
· Creating stylised keyframe animations for real-time movement.
· Helping with the output of their internal animation team to maintain the high-quality standard.
· Create compelling and visually appealing gameplay animations for the player character and/or NPC’s.
· Create stylised handkeyed or motion captured animations that have a strong foundation in realism.
· Work closely and collaborate with multiple departments to realise the vision of the team.
· Mentor and encourage the animation team, helping them grow and develop.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCL.:
· Relocation support including VISA application assistance if required
· International and national tax assistance
· Profit share bonuses, milestone bonuses and discretionary bonuses
· Contributory pension scheme
· Training and development opportunities
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
Saturday 23rd October 2021 marks the second World Esports Day from The British Esports Association aiming to promote the global…
OPM are heading back to Develop:Brighton this year to attend the conference and awards! Nearly half the team are making…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom