Job Title: Outsource Manager
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Job Type: Permanent Contract
Salary: Dependant on skills, experience and interview performance
Projects: AAA Console & PC Video Games
This studio is premier visual outsourcing studio to the world’s largest brands in video games and films! They are on the hunt for an Outsource Manager to be responsible for:
- Managing the effective utilization of studio-based resources: In this facet of the role, you are responsible for the allocation, re-allocation, effective utilization, and reporting of around 200 or more internal resources. This is a huge amount of data management, alongside relationship building with a dozen Heads of Departments to understand and deliver their preferred resource allocations.
- Building reliable ongoing relationships with outsource partners and suppliers across the globe: You Will be responsible for finding, assessing and ensuring (quality-controlled, on budget and schedule) delivery from external suppliers. This will include single step (e.g. animation) outsource projects, and full pipeline outsource projects (script to screen).
- You will be required to collaborate with a range of stakeholders include of Executive Producers, Producers, Heads of Departments and the studio General Managers. It will also require regular intra-national travel between the studio as well international partners in Europe, North and South America, Asia and beyond.
- Have prior production and/or resource/crew management experience
- Proven experience in the games industry.
- Be proficient in spreadsheet and database software inclusive of Excel and Shotgun.
- Put the outcome for the group as a whole first.
- Anticipate risks and solve problems before and as they arise.
- Drive improvement and efficiency, remaining open to change and collaboration.
- Respond pro-actively to stress.
- Act confidently, but with compassion.
- Negotiate for the best value for money, and maximize tax credits internationally
- Hire, contract, re-allocate, and where necessary facilitate the termination of contracts with suppliers
- Design, implement and supervise tech and quality check processes with all HODs
- National and international site visits before, during and after project commencement and closure
- Maintain and improve relevant processes across the studio and the group in conjunction with the Production team, the HODs and the General Managers
- Work with EPs, HODs and Supervisors to produce bid packages and breakdowns
- Collaborate with Executive Producers, Management and Heads of Departments to determine future studio project plans and priorities